Symptoms and Isolation
|If my child is unwell
- If your child is displaying any of the symptoms of Coronavirus, please do not send them to school. Currently, the published symptoms are a high temperature, a persistent cough and / or a loss of taste or smell. You must let us know immediately if your child displays any of these symptoms so that we can take appropriate action.
- When a child develops symptoms compatible with coronavirus, they should be sent home – please see the above flowchart for the current guidance.
- In line with the guidance, we will not be routinely taking temperatures as the children arrive at school. However, if a child becomes unwell during the school day, we will check their temperature.
- Any child developing symptoms whilst at school will immediately be isolated from the rest of the children, placed outside the main office, and will need to be collected immediately.
- The Government has placed a requirement to self-isolate on anyone returning from certain countries. Please check the most up to date governement guidance for further information.
- This is a legal requirement, so please do not send your child to school until the full quarantine period has been completed if you have travelled to an affected country.
Where can I find more information about returning to school?
The Government information is provided here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/closure-of-educational-settings-information-for-parents-and-carers/reopening-schools-and-other-educational-settings-from-1-june